Pages

Friday 2 October 2015

...It's not what's under the tree...


Happy Friday Afternoon!! SOOO glad to see Friday this week, how about you? What are you up to - plans? or just a quiet weekend - well I have a date with about 536 other Coffee loving blog hoppers, the Fall Coffee Loving Hop is still on, but only just - you've only a few hours left. Here's the link.

I'm going to 'try' to get around at least some of them over the weekend, I've seen glimpses and it looks like an amazing hop!

I desperately wanted to case this card by Joan Bardee, Joan has away with a CAS card and this card spoke to me of peace yesterday when I needed peace. Isn't this fabby - must pop back over, see what ink she used...get some....

http://www.dearpaperlicious.com/2015/09/waltzingmouse-rustic-christmas.html

Well I decided that I wanted to make my own plaid and so I dug out the Pic Nic Pattern set, it has two neat plaid maker stamps, I used the narrower one and stamped some plaidy type patterns, loved the pumpkin spice and green plaid and so I went with that. I did stamp the stag image from Rustic Christmas (just released) but I baulked at the orange stag and went with the tree image instead. I used my plaid as a narrow outer border. I cut out the middle section and I'll keep that for another project.



One of the things I like about this Rustic Christmas set is the laid back feel - the images are intentionally 'grainy' here and there, and so I thought I'd just play that up by splattering my background panel with some white paint. Instant snow storm. I stamped the tree in Old Olive SU ink onto a tree shaped cut out that I made with my Silhouette Cameo (- free matching cut files available here) and then I sponged a little. The tree was grounded in a drift of white flock snow. Loved that.

Hope it tickles, thanks for stopping by!

http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/products/rustic-christmas

7 comments:

  1. Was so excited to have received my stamp set last night! I cannot wait to play with it! LOVE THESE SO MUCH! Gorgeous card my dear! Hugs and Happy Weekend! :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och thanks Jill, so glad you liked it, Hugs to you and hope you guys have a great weekend also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your CASE is fab! Love the snowy background too.

    I really like these big bold stamps and will be playing with them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rustic Christmas is one of my all time fave Christmas sets. Your plaids are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought the same when I saw Joan's beauty! So glad you did a CASE, might just be trending...
    Love my new stamps, btw, and, like Jill, can't wait to ink them up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this ...esp the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this set. The tree is gorgeous. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!