Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

...hello beautiful


Morning folks! how is your Tuesday going? I have an empty house today and yesterday with the wee folks all back at school and I am making the most of it! getting tons done, even some card making happening. I made one especially for you - likey?

I have a little square offering this morning - it features the hello, happy, thanks set just released and I've been doodling all over those stamps. I stamped the hello in a deep purple SU ink and then when I was absolutely sure it was dry, I outlined it with a white gel pen. I paired it with an image from the You're lovely stamp set (first released in 2010) - I love dress-forms and for me this one is just the right amount of pretty. I paper pieced the top and skirt. A little heavy stitching on the machine to make a nice neutral border and a bit more gel pen doodling, I love to doodle - do you? Hope it tickles!

http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/products/hello-happy-thanks

http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/products/youre-lovely

6 comments:

  1. I love it! I think the soft warm colours are just gorgeous. I am totally in awe of your doodled border, so pretty. Love the effect of drawing round the stamped hello too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, this is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE your stamps and you're a fab cardmaker - talented lady! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a sec... you 'doodled' that border? Love it! And the 'heavy stitching' is perfection too. Crazy about the soft autumny colors. Lovely 'hello'. Can't wait for mine to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea to pair the Hello, Happy, Thanks set with You're Lovely!! Love your pierced dress form Claire! And girl, if I could doodle like you, I'd be doing it all the time!! What a beautiful touch!! Love this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Claire!! you always add just the perfect little touches, like the gel pen around the word, and no, I don't do that kind of doodeling: that is why you are the artist and I'm not!! :-P Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stamps are amazing - I love how all the sets work together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!